Whether you have never held a handgun or consider yourself a novice shooter, this course is designed to teach you the foundational safety and accuracy principles to begin your journey into pistol training. You will have the opportunity to handle several types of handguns, learn function and nomenclature, and gain the basic marksmanship skills necessary to pass the Texas Concealed Handgun Range Qualification Practical Test. Successful completion of this course or demonstration of the skills taught here are pre-requisites for all other courses.
Cost of this 6-Hour Course is $150. Training Firearms can be provided for an additional fee with prior coordination.
Reserve your space by sending an email to email@example.com
- Basic Safety
- Revolver and Pistol Orientation
- Weapon Cleaning and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- 200 rounds total
- Ballcap or Hat with a brim (should work with hearing protection)
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Earmuffs (electronic strongly recommended) and earplugs
- Seasonally appropriate clothing (remember - hot brass down a shirt makes for an interesting training scenario - please don't wear low cut shirts).
- Plenty of water
*Weapon training sets and ammunition can be provided for this course with prior coordination - Email firstname.lastname@example.org.